Andrássy Castle by Palickap (Hungary Photo Spot)

Share this Page
Andrássy Castle - Photo by Palickap

Andrássy Castle and the surrounding park were built between 1880 and 1885. Uniquely the building has 4 entrances in accordance with the 4 seasons, 12 towers for the 12 months, 52 rooms for the 52 weeks of the year and 365 windows for the 365 days of the year. The castle was raided in 1918 during the Aster Revolution and everything inside was destroyed – the furniture, the paintings, Venetian mirrors, ceramics, books etc. The Andrássy era ended in 1945. First, it was an army hospital for the Romanian army. Many soldiers still rest in the park of the castle. Later, in 1948 the state confiscated the castle and from 1950 it became an orphanage and worked as one until 2007. (Tiszadob, Hungary)

See More Work By This Photographer

More Hungary Photo Spots

Nothing found.